Saturday, March 08, 2014

Some ‘Mistakes’ Are Bigger Than Others! #Pistorius # Oscarpistorius #Stroke

Kate Allatt
A Rocky Stroke Recovery
Mar 2 / 2014


I make mistakes.

Even Amy Winehouse made mistakes, amongst her many good achievements.

Like easily losing my ‘stroke’ temper now (not that I can control this, nor does this verbal irritability ever manifest into any physical violence I hasten to add!!)

Or like expecting too much from other people just because my own work rate is so high, obsessive and intense.

Or being too overly task-focused. I’m often clumsy (or seemingly inconsiderate to other peoples feelings), as I steam roller ahead in pursuit of my personal and professional goals, where I am often blinkered to the bigger picture.

Or unreasonably expecting ‘normal’ people to be able to understand me, and others like me, more than they actually ever possibly can.

But I’m not a bad person, I mean some people make mistakes – deliberate or not – that are very serious, lifelong and with HUGE repercussions.

In Oscars Pistorius own words recently:

’14 February 2014

No words can adequately capture my feelings about the devastating accident that has caused such heartache for everyone who truly loved – and continues to love Reeva.

The pain and sadness – especially for Reeva’s parents, family and friends consumes me with sorrow.

The loss of Reeva and the complete trauma of that day, I will carry with me for the rest of my life.

- Oscar’

Will this be another OJ Simpson farce?

Will man slaughter be proven and not murder?

Will the case be won on the basis of who has the slickest, most expensive legal team?


So what’s the purpose of this blog post?

I make mistakes, especially now as a stroke survivor, but they are very small by comparison to others.

Eight months hospital incarceration away from my dependants, through no fault of my own, can play havoc with what is an already deep seated ‘parent-guilt’.

Furthermore, I gave felt unhappy with former friends but I must stop beating myself up now!

Either way I’ll be watching obsessively!



See the original article:
in

No comments:

Post a Comment