Saturday, September 13, 2014

Video:
         Toastmasters International for Stroke Survivors

SSTattler: Great Toastmasters - some has difficulties with various speech problems but they will delivered a very nice talk...


Toastmasters Inspirational Speech on Happiness

Published on Feb 19, 2014

My Boston Toastmasters speech recording on living life happy and surviving a stroke and moving forward with your life in spite of life's set backs and hard ships.

Standard YouTube License @ JP Amolat









Ataxic Dysarthria Speaker Give Toastmaster
       - Speech 4 Minimal Reading or Notes 

Uploaded on Jun 8, 2009

I got ataxic dysarthria with a cerebellar AVM/ stroke last year and am relearning to talk via toastmasters and going to the UW Speech clinic, where I do speech therapy and the Lee Silverman Voice Training method of relearning to talk. This speech was a small triumph as I barely used my notes. The video is hard to understand because the mike on the camera was screwy, and hey, I still talk to fast. When I don't read something, I talk faster...Do you have dysarthria? Please write me and tell me how you are doing. I am alone here and feeling my way toward progress alone, every day. I would like to share your growth and experiences with dysarthria...I hear that dysarthria without aphasia is rare, and ataxic is even rarer... write me, please...


Standard YouTube License @ 344Alice







Ataxic Dysarthia Toastmasters - Speech 5 Balance

Uploaded on Aug 14, 2009

Using UTube in conjunction with Speech therapy at the UW to chart progress and my intelligibility...This is Speech Number 5 - Toastmasters August 12, 2009

I am disabled with Ataxic Dysarthia, using Toastmasters to learn to talk well again. This was a 7 minute speech. True goal was to read the whole thing and not speed up - to talk slowly and intelligibly for the entire speech. I had one meltdown and apologized when I tried to talk off the cuff, stopped reading and lost my place. Overall, not bad. The room obeyed my direction and understood what I was telling them to do. Compare this to my speech in January and I have improved by using my UW speech therapy techniques. Brain Surgery in March also helped resolved breathing issues from cerebellar AVM


Standard YouTube License @ 344Alice







Ataxia / Ataxic Dysarthria Alice - Speech 11 Slowly and Clearly

Uploaded on Nov 23, 2009

This was my first advanced manual speech and a very conscious redo of speech 10. I practiced, trying to speak more slowly and clearly, and also tried to appear more relaxed and be less telling/pointing in my gestures. Look at speech 10 and see if you see any improvements


Standard YouTube License @ 344Alice







Ataxia / Ataxic Dysarthria Alice - Speech Advanced - Black Eye

Published on May 3, 2012

I have ataxic dysarthria from a cerebellar AVM stroke four years ago. I have been doing Toastmasters for three years to improve my speech. You will find many of my speeches' on UTube, as I use UTube to track my progress.

Today's speech title is "How my double chin gave me a black eye."

Humor is the hardest thing for someone with a speech defect to do.

Yet, I have made great strides, getting my speaking rate from 300 words per minute down to 180 words per minute. I have been in speech therapy at the UW Speech and Hearing Clinic and present a speech at toastmasters at least every six weeks.

Humor is the last challenge as it requires pacing, good phrasing, excellent clarity and enunciation and vocal variety. My biggest challenge is that when I get engaged, passionate or laugh at my own jokes, I talk fast because I am thinking about WHAT I'm saying instead of HOW/disciplining myself to say it as I have been taught in Therapy.

Kind of like a foreigner who reverts to their native tongue when they get excited. Your brain forgets to do the translation into slow, methodical, clear speech that is understandable.

Working on it, but getting better.


Standard YouTube License @ 344Alice







Stroke is No Joke - David Vrudny 2011

Uploaded on Dec 14, 2011


Standard YouTube License @ HiNoonTM









Inspiration After Stroke

Uploaded on Mar 22, 2007

SSTattler: Video is poor but it is in Ottawa...!

After a stroke many people think they cannot do anything. Hamish and John have decided to run. This comes from our new Toastmasters Club -- www.strokesurvivors.ca -- Ottawa.


Standard YouTube License @ strokesurvivorsca 







Toastmasters - Speech #1 Who Am I Now?

Published on May 6, 2013

I have secondary parkinsons and dystonia due to a stroke from a bad scuba tank. I joined Toastmasters to improve my speech so that I can one day be a motivational speaker, educator and life-coach.


Standard YouTube License @ dystoniaify









Paul 1st Talk After Stroke

Uploaded on Jan 6, 2012

Paul's 1st talk at Toastmasters after stroke. Folktale-Tar Baby.


Standard YouTube License @ mkjbrp







Paul's 2nd Toastmasters Talk After Stroke

Published on Mar 29, 2012

SSTattler: Turn up your sound!

Some boy scout memories. Toastmasters talk March 1, 2012.


Standard YouTube License @ mkjbrp

No comments:

Post a Comment