Saturday, September 20, 2014

Denial

Amy Shissler
My Cerebellar Stroke Recovery
May 2, 2013

Denial is a strong, strong, strong, strong, strong thing.  Having a massive stroke at the age of 30 – kind of a big deal.  I had some people in my life that wanted to act like everything was OK after a few months and that I just got kinda sick.  NOPE.  Everything not OK.  Everything might never again be OK.  I mean I’ll be OK – I don’t know about some other people who I know.  If you had something life changing happen to you, especially something awful and devastating and traumatic, you have to deal with that shit.  Don’t pretend like things are fine, they’re so not fine.  One of my favorite things that Dr. Phil says is “you can’t change what you don’t acknowledge.”  I love Dr. Phil, although lately that show has been annoying me because I wanna beat up all of his guests.  Anyway, some people I know need to acknowledge some stuff.






See the original article:
in

No comments:

Post a Comment