Saturday, September 27, 2014

Video: Running after Stroke

SSTattler:
It took me more than a year for Gait Rehabilitation (thanks from Avi - NeuroGym®) - I can now run, slowly, after my stroke. If you have a good physiotherapy ask them to train you to run and maybe you can do it as well...

Stroke Survivor Runs Ultra Marathon Kep 75km

Published on Jun 4, 2013

I survived a massive right hemisphere stroke 9 years ago aged 32. I was told I may never walk again and would definitely never run. I battled through years of recovery forcing my brain to relearn what Stroke had taken away, I still have some disabilities but I'm alive. I entered my first Ultra marathon in 2011 and this Ultra marathon Kep 75km was my toughest and longest Ultra so far. I am by no means a talented runner, I just enjoy a challenge. Stroke recovery is very hard but you have to fight for it and never give up........keep fighting.....

https://www.facebook.com/RunningFromStroke

Standard YouTube License @ Running From STROKE 








Running for Any Length of Time or Speed Reduces Risk of Death A Study Finds

Published on Aug 6, 2014

SUBSCRIBE: https://www.youtube.com/user/DrJohnKiel
FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/medicinelifestyle
TWITTER:    https://twitter.com/LifestyleMedYou

Recommendation for physical activity from the center for disease control and prevention:
  • A) 150 minutes of moderate physical activity + muscle strengthening exercise on 2 or more days per week 
  • B) 75 minutes of vigorous intensity aerobic activity and muscle strengthening activities on 2 or more days per week 
  • C) An equivalent mix of moderate and vigorous intensity aerobic acitivity and muscle strengthening activities on 2 or more days a week.



Standard YouTube License @ Lifestyle Medicine





Man Runs 1000km After Suffering Stroke

Published on Sep 10, 2012

A Queensland man has raised $40,000 in running 1000 kilometres after suffering a stroke.

Standard YouTube License @ 7NEWS





Stroke Survivor Runs in Chicago Marathon

Published on Oct 5, 2012

Kirk Disrude, 39 of Mundelein, suffered a stroke last year but is running in Sunday's Bank of America Chicago Marathon.

Standard YouTube License @ DailyHeraldClips 





Lisa Deck - Stroke Survivor

Published on Feb 13, 2014

SSTattler: I set this YouTube 2:55 minutes - Lisa Deck - Stroke Survivors - if you want to see the whole YouTube just set to 0:00 minutes...

Lisa Deck's Story:

I was a healthy 21-year-old when I had my first of three strokes!

I was a healthy, typical 21- year-old college student when my life changed forever. A week before graduation, I developed a terrible headache. After two days of staying in bed, I went to one hospital, where the doctor quickly dismissed me as having a migraine, probably brought on by the stress of final exams. Over the next few days, my left side, including my face, felt numb, tingly, and heavy — just like when your foot falls asleep. I finally went to another ER, where it was determined that I had suffered a stroke.

I was shocked, but also in a sort of denial — I was young and still felt invincible. Like most of us, I didn't think strokes could happen to someone like me. I was diagnosed with a rare brain disease, central nervous system vacuities, and have had two more strokes since then. I have been through years of treatments, medications and many hospital stays.

While I was fortunate to still be able to speak and walk, if I have another stroke, I could die. Instead of giving up, I found a strength I didn't know I possessed. I've raised over $12,000 for stroke survivors, created an annual survivor luncheon to help others connect to each other, participated in rallies, testified at Congressional hearings, took part in luncheons and fashion shows, and began advocating for better stroke treatment- all to support the American Heart and Stroke Association. Talking to legislators at Lobby Day and sharing my story with others in my area, I have found that I can really make a difference.

One of the side effects of my treatment was early menopause and the inability to have children. However, through adoption, I found a way to achieve my goal of having a family. I am now the proud mom of two beautiful children. I am lucky not only to have survived, but to have thrived since my stroke. I must maintain a healthy lifestyle, to keep myself healthy and stroke free, as well as teach my children to live a healthy lifestyle.

I feel so fulfilled and happy when I speak with others about my experience with stroke and find ways to give back. All of these things make me feel satisfied, as if I am really making a difference in the lives of others!


Standard YouTube License @ AmericanHeartFDA 





Stroke Survivor Laura Patterson Runs Disneyland Half Marathon

Published on Sep 5, 2012

Just one year ago, Laura Patterson survived a stroke -- and this weekend she completed the Disneyland Half Marathon! Read more at the Disney Parks Blog: http://bit.ly/TmTJLl


Standard YouTube License @ Disney Parks





Stroke Survivor to Run Half-Marathon

Published on May 8, 2013

Running a marathon is a challenge for the average person, but for one local woman it will mean even more. That's because just months ago, Rocio Mendoza suffered a stroke.


Standard YouTube License @ NewsWatch 12





Moms First 5k... 7 Months After Stroke...

Uploaded on Feb 11, 2012

My mum had 3 small strokes on the 29th of June of 2011. She was paralysed on her right side. Through intense therapy she learned how to rewalk again, though she still has limited use of her right arm. On the 27th of January 2012 she finished the Never Land Family 5k in 1:25:45, all without the use of her cane. She is my hero!

The choice of music is Hilary Duff "Fly", in which I do not own the rights to, I am merely using it for entertainment purpose.


Standard YouTube License @ KateTrask



p.s.: 
   I tried to find stroke 1k-walk/run on YouTube; so far I can’t find it but I’m sure it is somewhere ...

No comments:

Post a Comment