Saturday, May 10, 2014

Fatigue

Amy Shissler
My Cerebellar Stroke Recovery
Aug 27, 2013

People that don’t have a brain injury DO NOT, CANNOT, NEVER WILL even come close to understanding the fatigue that has resulted from this.  You might be a doctor or a therapist, or have 10 PhDs, unless you have experienced this you don’t get it, trust me.  And from what I’ve learned, the fatigue will be an issue for the rest of my life.  It’s a heck of a lot better than it used to be but I kinda feel like it’s plateaued, the fatigue is unchanging now.  I have an entirely different brain now than I had before the stroke.  Luckily, my personality and cognition were not affected but even though I may seem like the same person as before, I’m not.  I went out Saturday at 5 o’clock, was in bed by 10:30 and it completely wiped me out for 2 days.  So if someone says they’re tired, BELIEVE THEM.  By the way, in my opinion, don’t bother going to a “sleep doctor” and having a sleep study.  That was an absolute waste of time for me.  Just figure out for yourself how to deal with this and what works best for you.



See the original article:
in

No comments:

Post a Comment