Saturday, May 10, 2014

Are you Down in the Dumps in Stroke Month?

Kate Allatt
A Rocky Stroke Recovery
May 10, 2013

I was thinking, which is dangerous, about my own progress over the last 3 years and I realised how much more had improved than I thought. So it made me think you might need a little positivity and encouragement yourself!

So ask yourself, which of these have IMPROVED since your stroke...
  1. Speaking & continence
  2. Self-confidence & self-esteem
  3. Balance & hypersensitivity
  4. Aphasia
  5. The way you cope with your Aphasia
  6. Dysarthria
  7. Spasticity
  8. Sleeping
  9. Post traumatic stress disorder
  10. Depression and managing it.
  11. Social withdrawal & interaction
  12. Fatigue
  13. Irritability
  14. Parenting skills
  15. Your relationship
  16. Sex life
  17. Foot drop
  18. Headaches
  19. Vision
  20. Restless legs

Maybe you have IMPROVED in all or some of these areas?
Well don’t you (and me) deserve a big pat on the back!!
:0




See the original article:
in

No comments:

Post a Comment