Saturday, April 05, 2014

Y-O-G-A

Amy Shissler
My Cerebellar Stroke Recovery
Mar 31, 2014

The problem with Kundalini Yoga and why it’s not taken seriously by doctors and insurance companies is that is has the word ‘yoga’ in its name. As soon as people hear the word ‘yoga,’ a certain image is conjured in the brain – an image that is EXTREMELY incorrect. Kundalini is authentic yoga and was not made up by the fitness injury like smokin’ hot yoga and power yoga and those other dumb things. Everyone hears what I’m doing and thinks “oh, Amy is doing some yoga, it’s really helped her.” No. I’m not just “doing some yoga.” I practice an ancient medical science that has piles upon piles of evidence, research published in peer-reviewed journals, to PROVE that it makes a HUGE difference in the brain. This practice saved my life and is now saving the lives of some others. All anyone in this society cares about is what doctors have to say and doctors don’t recommend yoga. I realize that Heather and I are going to have to fight for the rest of our time on this planet to get this science and its capabilities recognized in the US. That’s fine, I have time.



See the original article:
in

No comments:

Post a Comment