Saturday, April 05, 2014

#MothersDay 4 years on…. A mothers love
      & tribute to I, H & W.

Kate Allatt
A Rocky Stroke Recover
y
March 30, 2014

Who’d have thought it?


4 years ago – coma, life support, then Trachi, PEG, catheter with the real prospect of life in a nursing home and crucially away from my kids?

The separation anxiety from them and the realisation of perhaps being parted indefinitely from our kids then aged 6, 9 & 10 was completely UNBEARABLE and left me with a longing, few have EVER understood.

That was quite possibly, and hopefully will always be, my worst ever Mothers Day, in ICU back in 2010.

Make no mistake about it.
  • Forget the obsessive running.
  • Forget the importance of social media in my own recovery.
  • Forget about my passionate need to provide ‘no promises, just possibilities’ for others now, who suffer like I did.
(Plus try to change the world about all the myths surrounding locked in syndrome progression.)

My basic MOTHERS NEED to be back with MY KIDS, after WEEKS & MONTHS of separation, ACTUALLY SAVED MY LIFE IN HOSPITAL & drove my relentless spirit and self belief.

Fact!!

However, fast forward my amazing last 4 years!

We have all bounced back and seem to be finally thriving in every way.

I’ve learnt:
  1. Our kids are more resilient than you think.
  2. I have accepted and cope better with all my own emotional baggage, as do they.
  3. There have been huge family tantrums and tiaras, all round. Then combine that with adolescent hormones!!! EXPLOSIVE!
  4. There have been MASSIVE ups & GIGANTIC downs, but we have a bond, which is totally unbreakable, close and solid. My mothers love is truly unconditional.
I shall look forward to hopefully getting any sort of random act of kindness today, with some sort of home made card!??

THANK YOU INDIA, HARVEY & WOODY for giving me the fire in my belly! :-) :-) :-)

.




See the original article:
in

No comments:

Post a Comment