Saturday, January 18, 2014

Video: Standing-Up Desk for Stroke Survivors

Sections:
  1. Introduction to the Stand-Up Desk
  2. D.I.Y. - Cost $28 to $500 but you can do it with 1-hand & a strap
  3. Buy     - Cost > $500 but it is worth it!

1. Introduction to the Stand-Up Desk


Is Your Chair Killing You? Why You Might Need a Standing Desk

Published on Aug 22, 2013

Are standing desks the future? DNews host, Anthony Carboni, comes on to talk about the potential health benefits of standing desks and to help review the UpDesk UpWrite.

https://myupdesk.com/upwrite
http://testtube.com/dnews


Standard YouTube License @ Tekzilla




2. Cost $28 to $500
        - DIY (Do It Yourself for Stroke Survivors)






The $28 Stand Up Desk

Published on Jan 31, 2013

Make your own stand up desk that sits atop your existing desk and costs only $28 USD. Ikea has some great components on the cheap to let you try out the stand up desk without investing hundreds of dollars. All of the links are below. Unfortunately, I don't think Ikea lets you order online unless there's a store you can pick up from but the concept will work with any small side tables, some brackets and a shelf.

UPDATE - I found these parts (the shelf is not identical but very similar) on Amazon for all you non-Ikeaites.

Good luck and enjoy your stand up desk! Be sure to check out my other videos too :)

Looking for information, products and advice on buying a stand-up desk? Visit http://www.standbyyourdesk.com.


Standard YouTube License @ Nils Rasmusson





DIY Standing Desk: Make A Custom, Rad Looking Standing Desk

Published on Aug 18, 2012 by Jessica Allen

SSTattler: At 9:50 minutes she told an "Ikea Hack", perfectly for my stand-up desk - the cost approx around < $150, bolts approx $2 and a drill.


Creative Commons Attribution License @ Confreaks 





Building an Adjustable Standing Desk

Published on Dec 12, 2012

http://www.simplifiedbuilding.com/blog/building-an-adjustable-height-standing-desk/

The folks at the Iron Yard in Greenville, SC show us how they built their awesome adjustable standing desks.


Standard YouTube License @ Simplified Building 





How to Make a Desk Without Tools

Published on Mar 17, 2013

KEN: One of my new favorite things to work with is plumbing pipe. So this is actually a bookshelf, and it's made out of completely pre-cut plumbing -- galvanized steel plumbing that costs one or two dollars per piece. So, right now I am going to do a desk that'll work with this.

So, first thing we're gonna do is build a leg. I'm using a twelve-inch piece and then they make these little caps which go on the end, and that's going to be the foot of my leg. Just screw it on, you don't even need to use a wrench, you don't need to use any sort of goo to hold it. Just hand tighten it. Then, I'm going to take a 'T' -- and it's a three-quarter-inch 'T'. I'm gonna put that in the middle. So what that's gonna do is let me add on the upper part of the leg, but it will also give me a joint right here where I can attach this leg to the back set of legs for added strength. Then I add onto the top part of the 'T'. I then have an elbow. It's a right-angle elbow, and this is gonna go at the top.

So, as easy as that I already have one leg of my desk. What's gonna happen is my elbow is gonna go this way, but my 'T' is gonna go backward to connect to the back set.

Next thing I want to do is add the piece that's gonna go here. I screw that right in. Then I have my second leg, which I've already made, and that will just screw right onto this other side. So, there we go.

As easy as that is, we have the front part of our desk. So now all we're gonna do is do an exact duplicate of this, which will be our back legs. And then we're gonna have cross-pieces that will tie it together.

And at that point, you have your legs all set to go. And there's your base. What I'm going to do is go ahead and move this into place. And then all that's left is add the tabletop. I have a piece of plywood left over from an earlier project. Pop that right on top, and you're all set.

No tools needed at all. I love projects like that.


Standard YouTube License @ homemadesimple 





3. Buy - Greater Than > $500 
      - But It Is Worth It






Adjustable Stand-Up Desk by MultiTable

Published on May 5, 2012

Here's an up close look at my new adjustable workstation, where I inevitably spend many hours a day. With my old sit-down desk, I would experience a lot of back pain and discomfort, and believed the problem could be solved with buying a better chair. Over time, I realized the real problem was too much sitting. I tried different variations of makeshift stand-up desks, but my sit down desk is where I got most of my work done. If only I could just lift my main workstation up and down whenever I needed to, without clearing anything off. I learned all I could about adjustable stand-up desks and landed on this hand-crank frame from Multitable. The top of the desk is a sturdy closet door I picked up for $5 from a local re-use store.

In this video, I wanted to capture the details I was interested in before I bought this desk. Overall I am really stoked on the desk, but am not sure how I will go about maintaining it say 5 or 10 years from now. I'd recommend anyone considering a stand-up desk look at this model. I've road tested it for months and so far no problems. I can put a glass of water at the corner of the desk and crank it up or down without anything falling off.

Desk: MultiTable: http://www.multitable.com


Standard YouTube License @ Bozz Media





"Geek Desk" Review - The BEST Standing Desk on the Market 

Published on Sep 11, 2013

OH YEAH! So here's my Geek Desk Review... I tried out about five other brands of Standing Desks and without a doubt, Geek Desk came out the top by a long shot. Pound for pound, this desk is a beast and gets my stamp of approval.

Go check them out at http://www.geekdesk.com ... tell 'em I sent ya!


Standard YouTube License @ Dan Dobi





UpDesk - PowerUp Electric & CrankUp Manual

Published on Aug 27, 2012

UpDesk is proud to offer two versions of our height adjustable stand up desk:

  • PowerUps - Our electric up and down desk. With the push of a button, raise or lower your computer desk to the perfect standing or sitting height for you.
  • CrankUps - Our budget-friendly manual desks. Using a simply hand crank, manually raise and lower the desk to fit your particular needs.


For more information about our PowerUp and CrankUp desks, please visit: http://MyUpDesk.com


Standard YouTube License @ MyUpDesk





activDesk - Electric Height Adjustable Computer Desk

Uploaded on Oct 8, 2009

The activDesk range of electric height adjustable computer desks are designed with the user in mind. You can regularly re-position your desktop at exactly the preferred heights for both sitting and standing.

Electronically controlled actuators respond smoothly, quickly and quietly to the push of a button to adjust the height of the work surface. This allows flexible configuration of the computer desk that helps reduce discomfort and long term physical damage while avoiding unneccessary reaching and bad posture.


Standard YouTube License @ dizzeh000





Electric Height Adjustable Desk

Uploaded on Mar 11, 2010

WorkRITE Ergonomics Sierra™ - Electric Sit-to-Stand Workcenter

Available Now at www.opgup.com

Call 1-800-261-COPY for more information.


Standard YouTube License @ unclear degree





Standing Desk Review
   - Why the Anthro Elevate Adjusta is my Favorite Standing Desk

Uploaded on Feb 28, 2012

As part of Mobile Nations Fitness Month --  http://www.crackberry.com/tags/fitnessmonth -- I just had to show you my favourite "mobile health" accessory. My standing desk! The one I have is by Anthro, called the Elevate Adjusta, and it's an awesome sit/stand desk that's motorized.

Read our full posts on Standing Desks: Why I Use One; Why You Should Too http://crackberry.com/standing-desks


Standard YouTube License @ CrackBerry.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment