Saturday, January 18, 2014

Universe

Amy Shissler
My Cerebellar Stroke Recovery
Jan 12, 2014

Sorry again about the previous email.  I hit publish before I was ready again.  I need to stop doing that.

Before the stroke, I was absolutely miserable and hated my life.  I needed to make some changes in my life and I had plans to.  But the universe apparently did not agree with my plans.  The universe thought “no, first you’re going to do this.  First you’re going to have a stroke, survive that stroke, and live in HELL for a few years.  And not only are you gonna have a stroke but your doctors are going to royally screw up and make the rest of your life a lot harder than it has to be.  And your doctors are not going to help you get better in the least little bit so you’re on your own kiddo.”  Thanks docs.

When I was very ill and completely dependent on other people, I got a lot of help.  For this, I am super grateful.  That being said, despite being told differently, I don’t owe anyone that helped me a damn thing.  Hopefully all the help that was given to me was done out of love and nothing was expected in return.  Some stuff was expected of me in return, I know that.  But somehow I didn’t buy into that.  Don’t compare your illness to relationships or let it influence relationships.  Don’t.  What you SHOULD do is pay it forward.  All that help that was given to you, give it to someone else.  You get what you give.  You get back from the universe what you put out there.  Later this week I’m going to give you a very specific way to help someone else who badly needs it.  I really hope you do and put some good karma out into the universe.



See the original article:
in

No comments:

Post a Comment