Saturday, January 25, 2014

Progress

Barb Polan
Barb's Recovery
18th February 2010

Yesterday, when I went to PT, my PT said it was time to let the insurance company know what progress I have made since first starting rehab at this particular facility - so she was going to list for them what I could do now that I could not do when she first evaluated me. The list was long:
  • I could ride the stationary bike for 6 minutes without having my thighs strapped together - for the first time, I could keep my left knee pulled toward the center so that my left foot didn't slide out of the strap on the pedal.
  • Lying on my back, I could pull my left knee toward my chest and then extend my leg out slowly, to rest parallel to my right.
  • Lying on my back, I could move my left leg from the hip, swinging it out so that my foot was about 12 inches from my right foot, leg straight, and then back close to my right foot, again, slowly.
  • With my left knee supported and my foot dangling, I could flex my foot and pull my toes up "toward my nose."
  • I could sit up unaided from a lying position. Also, I walked on the treadmill (very slow speed) for 5 minutes.
  • And in OT, the excitement of the day was that I brought in the electronic stimulator Tom bought to get my recalcitrant arm back on board; and my OT taught me how to use it to straighten out the fingers on my left hand, which I did for 20 minutes there and then 20 minutes last night while watching the Olympics.



See the original article:
in

No comments:

Post a Comment