Saturday, September 05, 2015

Medical Marijuana

Amy Shissler
MyCerebellarStrokeRecovery
July 22, 2014

Please read this  and sign this.

Groundbreaking Marijuana Study Canceled

Have at it, and let the University of Arizona know they need to support full legalization of marijuana. Why it should be legalized so survivors can benefit;

13 reasons to use it post-stroke.

The University of Arizona fired Dr. Suzanne Sisley rather than let her study how medical marijuana can help veterans like me. Help me get her job back.

Sign Ricardo’s Petition


dean –

Doctor Suzanne Sisley is an amazing woman — she’s the only doctor in the country who has federal permission to conduct research on how medical marijuana can help veterans. Her study was supposed to be housed at the University of Arizona, but rather than let her conduct it, the university fired her with no explanation whatsoever. As an Iraq veteran and an Arizona alum, I’m fighting to help Doc Sisley get her job back so she can continue her groundbreaking research to help veterans.

I know firsthand how important Doc Sisley’s work is, because I had severe PTSD when I came home from my tour of duty in Iraq. I experienced insomnia, anxiety, depression, panic attacks, and fits of rage. My doctors tried for years to cure my PTSD, gave me every pill they could think of. Nothing worked, until 2010, when I started using medical marijuana.

I wish you could see how much medical marijuana changed my life, made it possible for me to do simple things like get some sleep at night. It gave me so much pride and hope that Doc Sisley was going to do research at my alma mater to bring this miracle to other veterans like me.

I’m outraged that the University of Arizona is putting politics over the care of our nation’s veterans, and I’m fighting back. Please sign my Change.org petition calling on the university to reinstate Doc Sisley immediately.

This isn’t just a matter of one woman losing her job unfairly. Doc Sisley’s study could be a matter of life or death for many veterans. Our veterans are committing suicide at an astonishing rate: 22 every single day. Medical marijuana is one of the most promising avenues of treatment for these at-risk veterans, and Doc Sisley’s study could make the difference in getting that treatment to those who need it the most.

Our veterans risk their lives overseas. The least we can do for them is provide them with the best care possible when they come home.

The good news is that petitions really work in cases of unfair teacher firings. Already this year, two teachers have gotten their jobs back after petitions supporting them took off on Change.org. I know that if enough people sign my petition, we can help Doc Sisley, too.

Please sign my petition asking the University of Arizona to give Doc Sisley her job back so she can continue her life-saving research to help veterans.

Thank you,
Ricardo Pereyda
United States Army Veteran
Tucson, Arizona

Sign Ricardo’s Petition



See the original article:
in

No comments:

Post a Comment