Saturday, November 08, 2014

Neuro Rehab

Amy Shissler
My Cerebellar Stroke Recovery
October 20, 2014

The company that I work for is 100% orthopedic.  My boss has told me that down the road they would like me to maybe do some neuro rehab.  Neurological physical therapy.  This won’t happen for a few years, I certainly can’t be a practicing PT right now.  Well, I guess I could – I don’t know.  I’m assuming my bosses have the opinion that I sure shit know some things when it comes to rehabilitating a brain.  And I also get emails/questions from people around the entire world about things to do after a stroke.  Everyone who reads this blog regularly knows I am a HUGE advocate of meditation and breathwork and their beneficial effects on the brain and body.  But I am only familiar with one form of meditation/yoga.  I very much want to learn about all the other forms of meditation and complementary medicine stuff that’s out there that a neurologist won’t tell you.

As far as physical therapy stuff is concerned – I got that covered.  But there is a crapload of other stuff that you should be doing that doctors will not tell you so I’d like to know.  Dean, I read your blog daily and believe me I will be sharing the research you’ve devoted your life to finding that is currently being ignored in the medical establishment.  To everyone else that isn’t Dean :-) – if something has really helped you, please tell me so that I can pass that information on.



See the original article:
in

No comments:

Post a Comment