Saturday, November 15, 2014

Abs

Amy Shissler
My Cerebellar Stroke Recovery
July 19, 2013

Everyone wants 6-pack abs.  Having keg abs is much more common though, unfortunately.  Because of all of the breath work  that I do and focus on the diaphragm and getting it stronger – oh my God it’s a good workout for the abs.  The abdomen is in constant use.  It whittles away fat from your waistline.  As a physical therapist, I would have told you 3 years ago that you can’t spot reduce.  And I still think that’s true for all other areas of the body except for the waistline.  I’ve done it.  I’ve spot reduced in an area that almost everyone wants smaller.  Not you Vicki, I think you want your waist to get bigger right now.  :)  You learn a hell of a lot when you get sick and you have no other choice.  As for sit-ups and crunches – protect the spine.  To do this, don’t do regular sit-ups, ever.  That’s really bad for your back.  You know that machine at the gym that’s for your abs where you sit and bend forward against resistance?  This.  DON’T DO THAT THING!!!!!  Do crunches and these stabilization exercisesThese exercises are weird and require a blood pressure cuff but I love them and used to use them all the time. And do these things.  If you have an exercise ball, try these, some of this page is in a different language and it made me laugh.  Try to keep the back straight.



See the original article:
in

No comments:

Post a Comment