Saturday, November 08, 2014

Happy Birthday to Me

Diane
The Pink House On The Corner
Saturday, November 1, 2014

Today is my birthday. And this morning, when Boomer and I returned from our morning walk, imagine my surprise, and how very touched I was, when Bob greeted me with a rousing rendition of the traditional "Happy Birthday" song! This is the first year, post-stroke, that he actually remembered my birthday!

His version went like this:
Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birth--day, dear Lisa!
Happy Birth--day to yooooo!
All righty....

And then he said, "See? See?" meaning "See, I remembered!"

And, I could tell, he was so proud of himself for remembering! So I didn't say a word about the, um, you know, "Lisa" part.

It is the thought that counts...



See the original article:
in

No comments:

Post a Comment