Saturday, October 12, 2013

Stroke Survivors Everywhere

Richard (Dick) L. Burns
Live or Die: A Stroke of Good Luck
Monday, October 15, 2012

You made it.

You're a stroke survivor or you wouldn't be reading this blog.

You're unique, you're different.  You have physical and mental problems...trust me, you'll continue to get better, not just well, but better!  It works!

Sure, it's going to be hard work but it's going to be successful work.  And, remember that you'll become a better person with each step you take to heal yourself.  You ask, why me...can't answer that 'cause I don't know you - may be lifestyle, may be diet, may be heredity, may be illness.

But I do know something,  because I've been there, done that.  I'm a stroke survivor, too.

Pain, depression, speech, walking, movement, coordination, eating, just washing your hands and face or putting on make-up or shaving to keep your life up, make yourself feel better.  Each step, each job is a taxing chore that at first takes unlimited time.  It's all part of the healing process and it's worth it.  And, it works!  With today's medicine and therapy and assistance it'll probably take you 33 months, not the 33 years it took me.

There's more to come, 'cause I've a lot to say.  To help you.  The stages, the steps, the frustrations, the victory and celebration.  That's why my book, a book written to help you.

Dick Burns
Book: www.liveordieburns.com

See the original article:

No comments:

Post a Comment