Saturday, October 19, 2013

Gall Bladder Firmly Out

Andrea
A Year of Living In My Head
Tuesday, October 8, 2013

I had the surgery. My over sized non-working gall bladder was hauled out of my body.  The surgery was laparoscopic -- four incisions made, to accommodate a camera, navigating tools and extraction spot.  I recovered nicely, although at one point got a lecture because I thought I could be doing stuff one week after surgery.  And was told, no, I needed to not be hauling stuff around for about a month.

Sigh.

I learned to be patient.

There is also the most astounding photo taken by the doc.  I love it! But it is a bit graphic.  My surgeon, who has a sense of humor and knows I do, when all was said and done and my surgery was over, took a pic where he arranged my gall bladder and gall stones into a smiley face.

Family members say I should put a hat on it and make it my xmas card.  I am surrounded by comedians..

Unrelated picture... what else am I doing?  Processing the 1600 pounds
of apples this tree gave us.  Full disclosure : I am giving many of them away.























See the original article + 6 comments:

No comments:

Post a Comment