Saturday, October 17, 2015

Delving into Mindfulness

Leslie
Living After Stroke
I’ve always believed that meditation and mindfulness are extremely useful tools for finding peace in a crazy world. I’ve randomly practiced both. In other words, I’ve practiced half-assed, without any type of commitment. Honestly, I’ve only turned to it during my most desperate moments. In rehab, I repeatedly listened to Bernie Siegel’s Guided Healing Meditations.

I’ve decided to make a commitment to learning more about both meditation and mindfulness. I want to make it a permanent part of my life, not just when I’m beyond low.

They’ve pulled me through the nightmares so I can only imagine what regular practice can do for me, maybe prevent the nightmares?

People who regularly practice both appear more grounded, peaceful, and all around happier. I want to be like them.

When the student is ready, the teacher will appear.

Maybe? 31 days of free training sounds like the teacher appearing to me.

For the past 9 days, I’ve been participating in The Mindfulness Summit. Every day for the month of October, a new speaker provides mindfulness training.

I’m really looking forward to Day 14: Mindfulness for Pain & Chronic Suffering.

This is running from October 1- 31st, 2015. If you have a minute, check it out – it’s free. So far, I’m loving it!

After you check it out, come back & let’s compare notes!



See the original article:
in

No comments:

Post a Comment