Saturday, February 22, 2014

Why Is There No Stroke Blogosphere?

Dean Reinke
Deans' Stroke Musing
Thursday, October 17, 2013

SSTattler: Dean often quotes Wikipedia!

There are lots of stroke survivors writing and commenting but I have yet to find any stroke doctors out there, Toni Patt and Peter Levine seem to be the only therapy related bloggers.

Brooks Rehabilitation and International Journal of Stroke exist but do not engage in any discussions that I can see.

Considering all the bomb throwing I've done I'm surprised I've gotten no pushback.  I doubt that I'm so perfectly accurate that there is no defense against my comments.

My take is that doctors are embarrassed about the lack of recovery they can provide, and the indefensible state of stroke protocols.

I would think there would be massive discussions on the 12% efficacy of tPA and the appalling  10% full recovery rate. Why those problems exist and how to correct them.

Wikipedia defines the blogosphere.

You can see an analysis of the neuroscience blogosphere Why Is There No Neuroscience Blogosphere.

Why does the neuroscience blogosphere suck?



See the original article:
in

No comments:

Post a Comment