Saturday, February 22, 2014

Delay Tactics and Fishing Expeditions

Diane
The Pink House On The Corner
Saturday, February 15, 2014

So the Defense has gone to court seeking a "continuance" and the judge granted it and has delayed our court date now until July 7th...

Meanwhile, they have kept me hopping with all sorts of new "demands" and "interrogatories", the latter being lists of questions to be answered and then notarized and sent back, which is not only a huge pain in the butt, but expensive. And a lot of these questions have been answered before...

Among the demands, they want copies of every photo taken of Bob since 2005! Plus they requested my medical records -- yes, me, they want all my medical records since 2005! Which, truth be told, I don't have any--as I don't have health insurance and haven't had it for years, and the last time I saw a doctor (on my own behalf, not on Bob's!) was somewhere around 2003-- BUT what do MY MEDICAL RECORDS got to do with this case??? And they have been requesting more medical records on Bob, from places he's never been to (like a local clinic for the indigent) and from doctors he's never seen, some 150 miles away -- and it really appears, to me, they are on a desperate fishing expedition....

Well, all of this, has certainly been keeping me busy!  Especially the photos, as they want digital copies, and the older ones are the old fashion kind, so they all had to be scanned into a computer.

I think it was actually worth all of the work, as the photos will benefit us more than them--as the Defense seems to be trying to paint of picture of Bob being very disabled after a small stroke he had in 2003.  And our photos paint a very different picture --- like this one, showing Bob on the roof, painting the house in 2006!



See the original article:
in

No comments:

Post a Comment