Saturday, February 15, 2014

Top 12 #Inspirational Quotes That Have #Inspired Me!

Kate Allatt
A Rocky Stroke Recovery
February 7, 2014

I thought these were a great little reminder as I approach my 4 year ‘re-birth’ today. Very corny, but true.Before (and certainly after my episode), I have never been happy to use the words ‘journey’ or ‘re-birth’. They make me cringe.

But reaching my ‘new-normal’ (whatever normal is) all started on this exact day, 4 years ago.

At precisely 18.09 mine (& my family’s life) took a very different path and everything I thought I was working towards was torn up in an instant.

It’s not all bad. Luckily, I’ve come good.

I discovered that I love helping others. Helping them also helps me. It’s a win:win.

In my darkest moments, these were little gems of inspiration to me.

Little upbeat quotes posted on-line were a huge help when I was coping with my  severe illness.

I’d founded the charity http://www.FightingStrokes.org, written two books (with my third self-help book – I Am Still The Same Ebook, due in November 2014).

I’ve always set myself hard physical challenges to help me progress improve, as much as possible.

Fortunately, I have improved significantly.

However, these words of wisdom on my beloved social media also really helped me to achieve my aims, rise above and stay calm.

The cartoon front cover of me was inspired by my ultimate personal goal to run again.

I always believed I would run again in my beloved Peak District. Even though no one else did.

Well, true to my word, I did run again in February 2012, just two years following my ‘locked-in syndrome’  illness.

Social media became my emotional support and crutch, as I scoured Twitter and Facebook for positive quotes each day. My dark times were very dark indeed. I struggled to cope alone with the emotional fall-out, so positive quotes were my metaphoric ‘crutch’.

However, as I ‘retweeted’ or ‘shared’ something extraordinary happened.

More and more people from around the world began drawing strength from my inspirational quotes too! All kinds of people – those progressing from illness; as parents; employees; athletes; grief-stricken loved-ones; lovers; or non-religious types.

This gave me yet another ‘light bulb’ moment.

The catalyst for action was Cheryl Clever who read my Gonna Fly Now! book in December 2012,

‘Kate, when will you please publish a book of all your inspirational quotes?’

Well the fear of being sued prevented me going ahead with the ebook, but I chose 12 of my favourite ones for this uplifting blog.
 1. Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It’s the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill
 2. You only live once? Wrong! You only die once! Unknown
 3. If I’d observed the rules I’d have never gotten anywhere.
 4. You only have 3 choices in life. Give up, Give In, Give it everything you’ve got! Unknown
 5. Start thinking wellness, not illness Kate Allatt 2013
 6. Im-possible is 2 letters too long! Inspirational Sayings and Motivational Quotes – Digital
 7. Once you choose HOPE anything’s possible. Christopher Reev
 8. You never lose a neural pathway if it returns. Kate Allatt 2011
 9. Time heals all wounds Unknown
10. Obsessed is the word the lazy use to describe the dedicated. Unknown
11. Perfection isn’t the goal of self-improvement..improvement is. @SoulSeedsCoach
12. Do you ‘talk the walk‘ or ‘walk the talk?’Alcoholics Anonymous Chicago 1960′s







See the original article:
in

No comments:

Post a Comment