Saturday, February 08, 2014

Play Date

Pamela Hsieh
Rehab Revolution
17 December 2012

I know. Where are last week’s three posts? They didn’t happen (I hope you’ll forgive me), because I was an awful time manager last week. On the plus side, I did film some videos, and I’ll do my best to edit them by Monday night into something cohesive. It will be a busy day, but I will put in an honest effort to deliver!

Tonight, Anthony told me there is something called the “Pamela Effect.” I asked him what this was, expecting him to say that it was my ability to prolong anything and everything and cause great tardiness. Well, I was sort of right -- but his actual definition was: “spontaneous dancing, personal development or entertaining video sharing, hugs, and general merriment or affection that comes with spending time with Pamela.”

Talk about putting a positive spin on a perceived flaw, right? :)

I feel a huge shift occurring in me these days. Perhaps it’s the holiday spirit, perhaps it was the Millionaire Mind Intensive (for the record, I only want to make my millions by living my truth), or perhaps it’s simply time for a lot of growth.

When I first began this blog, I thought its focus would be on therapy techniques. I knew it would be an exploration of all the facets of healing and rehabilitation, but it turns out that a lot of where this exploration goes is within, to the spirit. Ultimately, it’s not so surprising . . . it is really the spirit you must tend to to keep up your fight!

So let’s talk about the importance of making things fun. I’ve addressed this briefly before, but let’s revisit.

I’ve begun starting some of my days with some high-energy “Pamela Effect” spontaneous dancing. Or, looking myself in the mirror and pumping myself up by proclaiming everything I love about my life: “I love dancing, I love food, I love animals! I love reading, I love books, I love my bedding!” etc., etc. (Yes, I caught some of these practices on film.)

It sounds ridiculous and cheesy, but no one’s watching. Besides, who the hell cares? Even if people were watching, all the more reason to embrace this kind of joy. It really gets you going on a great note, and it makes your life more fun.

Consider this awesome initiative --


Standard YouTube License @ Rolighetsteorin

How can you make the necessary activities of life and rehab more fun so you actually do them? We don’t have to transform every set of stairs into a keyboard. But you can start by playing the music you LOVE while you dance your heart out or run on your elliptical. Play exercise video games on the Wii  or XBox (more on this to come).

Ask a friend if you can “borrow” his dog for walking a couple times during the week. Time how quickly you can clean your kitchen. The list goes on! Please share your ideas below -- how do you make boring tasks more enjoyable?

To our healing,









See the original article:
in

No comments:

Post a Comment