Saturday, February 01, 2014

Cross Country Skiing

Dean Reinke
Deans' Stroke Musing
Sunday, January 26, 2014

After 4.5 months of clearing trails I finally found time in my social calendar to actually try it today. 20 degrees and snowing, it was beautiful out.  I have to wear my very first AFO because its the only one that fits in my ski boots and I need it to prevent rolling my ankle.  I did the 3 small cleared loops, tried to get to the back loop but numerous branches across the trail prevented that. Only fell onto my knees once when trying to herringbone up a 1 foot rise. Its pathetic how slow I ski now.  2 hours worth and I don't think I raised my heart rate at all. But I did doze in my chair after coming back.  Life is good.


See the original article:
in

No comments:

Post a Comment