Saturday, December 07, 2013

MyCerebellarStrokeRecovery

Amy Shissler
My Cerebellar Stroke Recovery
Dec 2, 2013

About a year after I had a stroke I started a blog on a whim.  I thought – seriously I remember thinking this – that I’m a physical therapist, I know everything about recovering from a stroke.  I should start a blog and tell people things.  Ummmm.  LOL!!!!  I didn’t know jack shit.  I thought I had this great, unique idea of starting a blog.   Again, ummmm, no.  I had no idea that there was this wonderful community of stroke survivors who had blogs.

Well, a year and a half later after having this totally original idea of starting a blog, I now have 226 followers and I’ve made a ton of new friends.  This blog has become something I never in a million years would have expected and is sometimes my reason for getting through the day.  Apart from my dog and cat.  They’re always my main reason for getting through the day.  Sooooo I guess the point of this post is to say thank you everyone, thank you for giving me a reason to get through the day.

In March, it will be 3 years for me.  Everyone that has had a stroke knows what that means but for those that don’t and just subscribe to my blog because I’m so hilarious March will mark 3 years from the date of my stroke.  I only worked for 4 years.  I REFUSE to be unemployed and collecting disability for longer than I was working.  That will so not happen.  So someone give me a job.

See the original article:
in

No comments:

Post a Comment