Saturday, May 30, 2015

Whit Blog Holiday

Sas Freeman
May 26, 2015

I hope you have all had a good Bank holiday. Bank holiday is a funny one it’s either off enjoying yourself or busy DIY than returning to work on the Tuesday for a rest!!

Returning to the subject of stroke for a moment, it’s the absolute feared time for any such thing to happen as very little is done in hospitals over the weekend normally, let alone a Bank holiday. Someone I’ve recently got to know had her stroke over a Bank holiday and didn’t have a scan until three days later, this I’m told isn’t unusual. So when I heard that Jac, a seventeen year old who had previously had a stroke last year, was rushed back into hospital on Saturday evening, naturally I was hugely concerned. Concerned for all the usual reasons obviously, but additionally so as it is Bank Holiday, this concern I’m pleased to say has been dispelled, as Jac has been cared for throughout the weekend and I’m pleased to say is improving, although my thoughts are still very much with him and his family. It is an immense relief to hear this. I would like to think that some of this splendid care over a Bank holiday period is down to Stroke Month, raising awareness that little bit more?

May Purple
It has touched me deeply, how amazing people have been throughout May, turning purple, planting ‘purple’, eating ‘purple’, dancing, baking & running for Stroke. It shows that people truly can pull together and move mountains.

You don’t have to be touched by stroke to join in, as many have demonstrated, so please let’s keep this purple flowing not only until the end of May but beyond too. Remember stroke can strike anyone, any age at any time, sadly. So let’s keep this up and help prevent as many strokes as possible. And once again a huge purple thank you, to you all, you are amazing.



See the original article:
in

No comments:

Post a Comment