Saturday, April 25, 2015

Caregiver: Wheelchair Race!

Diane
The Pink House On The Corner
Sunday, April 12, 2015

Oh my, I've been so busy and so much you-know-what going on, with the contractor winding down on the renovations and all sorts of glitches with that, plus the usual junk, plus other junk, including a sick kitty, and still trying to unpack and set this house right -- I haven't had time to blog. But here's a quickie. Chris finally moved into the apartment in back this week -- (lots of glitches there too --) Then Chris challenged Bob to a wheelchair race!

Here's some pics:

And they're off! Down our alley ---

























Chris takes the lead ---             
Bob had to stop and change his speed mode as Chris left him in the dust
--- she actually turned around, so he could catch up....
Whoo hooo! Bob takes the lead!
Zooooom! And I have to say, Chris was more freaking out about Bob's driving abilities than I usually am -- shouting to
Bob to "watch the curb!" or "watch the dip!" or "WATCH THAT TREE!!!" ... Yikes -- She made me a nervous wreck....

      
But we reach our destination, an estate sale six blocks away. OK - I am, following behind on foot, trying to keep up, 
sweaty, nervous and exhausted! Phew!

Bob and I bought an old oak rocking chair at that sale, for $8, (needs a seat), and I carried it home. We must've looked 

pretty strange, on the way back, two disabled folks on power wheelchairs and one able bodied woman, running behind 
them, carrying a fixer-upper rocking chair! Oh my, what do the neighbors think?









































































































































See the original article:
in

No comments:

Post a Comment