Saturday, February 14, 2015

A Letter to My Hand

Alex Dixon
A Stroke of Luck
August 8, 2014

Dear Hand,

I know we don’t get along very well and I feel like we are slipping away too quickly. I also think that you are like a virtual image that can never come true or like a dream that becomes a terrible nightmare that haunts me while I’m sleeping. Everybody has something that is challenging to them, for me mostly it is you that always brings me down. We could do so much together like tying my hair, eating, and brushing my teeth. But with you I feel incapable of doing the simplest of things. What I can’t seem to do is to tell my damaged brain that I have you and I have to use you. My brain sometimes thinks that I don’t have you and it is like you are invisible and cut off from my body. Sometimes, in a sense, you are paralyzed because my brain is not recognizing that I still have you. I really want to work something out between you and me but right now you are not human to me or anything for that manner but a lump that moves somewhat infrequently and just carries weight around. Sometimes I do think we can work something out and be together, someday. I still need you. Don’t give up on me and I won’t give up on you.

Sincerely,
Alex Dixon



See the original article:
in

1 comment:

  1. Keep talking to it! One day it will listen : )

    ReplyDelete