Saturday, January 24, 2015

Oops! It is a Mistake Lord!

Ramon Florendo
Life after a "STROKE"
Saturday, August 15, 2009

Wow! It has been a fast 20 months since I suffered a “stroke”. I just wonder how time flies by so fast. Vividly I can still remember that early chilly morning, on November 20, 2007, approximately 5:30 am. , while leisurely driving home from my part time job. Suddenly I felt some numbness on my left arm, teary and blurry eyes and could hardly see the road. Less than ten minutes from my job, traversing a downhill one way bridge, which was under repair ,where only one car can go through, my left hand just fell from my hold from the steering wheel, completely immobile on my side. Because of the sudden loss of control, the left front side of my minivan hit the railings of the bridge Worried that there would be much damage with my van; I took control with my right hand, but miraculously, the front tire exploded and the van suddenly stopped. I said miraculously, for if my tire did not explode I would have tried driving to the nearest hospital, and I could have hit somebody or could have been hit. I have the wrong notion that I was having a heart attack, for every part of my body that gave up was my left side. My car stopped right in the middle of the one way downhill street, so I opened my door with the intention of checking the damage, but to my surprise I could no longer move. I was very scared that I would be hit by another car, so I started the engine of my van and slowly parked downhill safely by the side. Funny that at that point and time I was more concern of my van. Then I started drooling and I felt the left side of my face completely numb, felt nauseous, and ready to past out. I would be lying if I say I was not scared, for I feared so much thinking that I would die that morning. This was when the small miracles that saved my life kicked in. I can be a living testimonial of those very weird feelings that some people experienced when they were on a near death situation. I felt complete helplessness. Very scared that nobody would be able to help me if I lose consciousness, so I would die.

Then it seems that somebody whispered, “Yes nobody can help you except GOD”. All of a sudden, I started praising to our Lord Jesus at the top of my voice. I can still remember yelling in a deafening loudness: “Praise to you Lord Jesus you are my love. “Praise to you Lord Jesus you are my life”“Praise to you Lord Jesus you are my only hope” etc. I was yelling so loud like a little kid, begging his Daddy to listen to him endlessly. While doing this I brought out my cell phone to call home. That was another miracle, for I could hardly see and I was very dizzy. Wonder how I was able to dial the numbers home. My son would normally be gone for work that time, but again miraculously he was still home and he was the only one who knows how to drive. Now I realize that yelling or shouting my praises to the top of my voice might have prevented me from losing consciousness. My “Big Daddy” listened to my prayers instantly.

While waiting for my son, I started praying my rosary and at the same time asking God so many questions. I felt like talking to Him personally. My first question was like, “OOPS IS THIS A MISTAKE LORD” did you not get the wrong person? Why me, I have been giving you my full service for the past 3 years, I have been trying to be righteous and holy, in fact how would I finish the “Christian Life Program” that we have started , wherein I was the team leader? I did not hear the answer audibly, but it was so loud and clear. “WHY ARE YOU COMPLAINING RAMON, I DIED FOR ALL OF YOU”. Then I said, if my family would suffer so much for my sickness, you better take me, I am ready. Loud and clear again. “I WANT A HEALTHY SERVANT”. Then I felt some peace, because it seems to be the assurance that I will recover and will be healthy again. My son came in no time and rushed me to the hospital.

With God’s saving grace, coupled with the unconditional love and care of my wife and my children, and most importantly the prayers and support of my brothers and sisters in the community of Couples for Christ, I am tremendously recovering. There are still instances wherein I would wake up in the middle of the night because of pain and discomfort, and I would still asked God; OOPS IS THIS A MISTAKE LORD? Then I would pray and hope that it was just a mistake or a dream expecting that when I wake up the following morning, everything would be okay, and then I would be healthy as ever. When morning comes, I would wake up into a reality that it was not a mistake, because GOD NEVER COMMITS MISTAKES. Nevertheless I always praise and thank God that I am alive and can get up from my bed. I always think of the average 230,000 people around the world who never make it the next day. God be praised.



See the original article:
in

No comments:

Post a Comment