Saturday, December 20, 2014

[vlog] Mission Statement

Pamela Hsieh
Rehab Revolution
14 May 2012

On Wednesday of last week, one of my favorite leaders in the world of business and entrepreneurship, Marie Forleo, announced a YouTube video contest for free tuition to her RHH B-School program coming up shortly. I’ve been dreaming of attending B-School for as long as I’ve known about it (two years?), so of course I decided instantly to jump on this opportunity.

Not my camera, FYI . . .
but a nice one nonetheless.
I’ve done short (albeit crappy) “vlogs” (video blogs) on here before for you, but because I’m not particularly video savvy, they have been few and far between. Because the contest required videos to be under two minutes, due to the supreme time crunch (filming a substantial video in less than a week is pretty fricking overwhelming!), and I was going all out, I’ve got a TON of extra footage so I can make an extended version for you later on (within the next two weeks).

The video for the contest is due in two and a half hours, and I only slept about that much last night(!), but fortunately, I’m ahead of the game and am uploading it to YouTube as I write this(!!!).

Now, I did try to ask people I know who are in the professional film industry for their help, but what with the super-last minute notice and the nature of their business, it was either too expensive or too inconvenient (they were in the city). While I would have LOVED to get a high-quality, professional video for this project (or any project for that matter), I simply didn’t have enough time, given previous engagements over the weekend, Mother’s Day, and the short notice. (And, who other than I would have been willing to stay up till 6.30am working on it??)

So please forgive me if the editing and/or filming is somewhat amateur; I did most of the filming in the wee hours of the night! But I did absolutely do my best given the situation.
I do hope to make more vlogs for you in the future and welcome you to enjoy my “masterpiece” . . . please note that the title and description were required to be the way they are currently, but my extended videos (there are plenty of bloopers and outtakes, too ;)) will have more specific titles and descriptions.

Enough explanation. Onto the clip:


Standard YouTube License @ Pamela Hsieh

What do you think of it? Please leave a comment below! Is there anything you’d specifically like to see me do on camera for the blog? (Sidenote: I do plan to transcribe the video in case captions are needed for any of you.)

PS. Huuuuge thanks to each and every one of my helpers for the realization of the video! I love you all! (Also, sorry Aubrie that your name is misspelled in the acknowledgments; I wish I could upload a better edited version!)

To our healing,








See the original article:
in

No comments:

Post a Comment