Saturday, December 27, 2014

Entitlement

Amy Shissler
My Cerebellar Stroke Recovery
December 18, 2014

In my last post, I wrote about how it takes me a long time to completely let go of something.  Well, here’s an example of that.  I woke up this morning for some reason real angry about the a-holes that threatened me, a stroke victim, with lawsuits a couple of months ago because they were trying to bully me and scare me into submission.  This is including someone whose job it is to make people feel better and help.  People pay her for help.  On an episode of Dr. Phil recently, he said that an epidemic that is ruining this country is entitlement.  I don’t think that Dr. Phil could be more right if Dr. Phil tried to be more right.  Sooooooo many people have seemed to think that I am indebted to them for something or owe them something.  Why?  Some people gave me some help, without my asking, and think I owe them.  Some people gave me some gifts, without my asking, and think I owe them.  Some people just thought I owed them something because – well I’m not sure why.

If you would like to give someone some help, do it without expecting anything in return.  And don’t put conditions on your help either.  You’ll feel a lot better and get a lot more in return if you do not expect something in return.  If it’s not expected, believe me you’ll get a whole hell of a lot.  Unless you have a signed contract that says someone owes you something, no one owes you anything and it’s a terrible thing to tell someone or say anything to someone else that makes them feel indebted to you, as has been done to me A LOT.

Please, please consider taking my advice about all things physical therapy.  But before you do, please read the disclaimer I have at the bottom of this page.  Please, please consider taking my advice about the need for meditation.  Please, please consider NOT taking my former advice, if you’ve been reading my blog for a while, about a yoga teacher to hire.  I feel that I was badly manipulated when I would recommend and speak so highly of that person.

Happy birthday baby EJ I love you!!!!!



See the original article:
in

No comments:

Post a Comment