Saturday, October 11, 2014

Reviewing the Fitbit Pedometer

Rebecca Dutton
Home After a Stroke
July 16, 2014

A pedometer tracks the number of steps people take each day.  Since walking is my only form of exercise, a pedometer tells me about my physical activity.  I bought a Fitbit pedometer but cannot use it.  It has a soft rubbery holding case I cannot manipulate one-handed.  No matter how hard I tried I could not get the pedometer in the case.  At first I thought I would have a friend do this for me, but the battery has to be charged every week.  This involves taking the pedometer out of the case, inserting one end in a cable until tiny prongs (arrow) make contact, and putting the other end of the cable in a USB port.

The confusing return instructions are example of why this company is not user friendly.  They sent the return authorization number in one e-mail and the return instructions in a 2nd e-mail.  The return address in the 1st e-mail was different from the address in the 2nd e-mail.  I am not the only one who finds the Fitbit on-line-only support difficult.  The Fitbit on-line community has 135 pages of "how do I....?" questions.

The Fitbit One is designed to be clipped onto a pocket which is great for men who always have pants with pockets.  It can also be clipped on the center of a bra which is great for joggers wearing sports bras.  I do not want a lump showing under my clothes.

I have gone back to using my Digi-Walker SW-200.  I use half of a clothespin to hold the clip open until I get the pedometer on the waistband of my pants.  However, Fitbit did inspire me to create an Excel file that graphs my daily totals.  Every night before I go to bed I get visual feedback about how many times this month I have reached or exceeded my target.



See the original article:
in

No comments:

Post a Comment