Saturday, November 30, 2013

Video: Dysarthria (Motor Speech Disorders)

Ataxic Dysarthria 

Published on Oct 29, 2012





Ataxic Dysarthria - Toastmaster - Speech: Long Term Disability 

 Uploaded on Jan 14, 2010

I have ataxic dysarthria from a stroke in 3/2/08 and had Brain surgery to remove the culprit AVM in 2/26/09. The AVM Cerebellar stroke left me with speech, balance and walking disorders that I have worked hard, through therapy, to over come. I am working with UW PT and the UW speech and hearing clinic. Recovery is a full time job, but if you view other videos of me on UTube, you will see it is paying off. I use Toastmasters to keep me motivated about speaking better. I used to talk for a living so speaking well again is VERY important. The purpose of this speech was to deliver a 8-10 sales presentation that used COMPLEX mulit-sylabic words - like Long-term dis-a-bil-i-ty in-sur-ance. 10 syllables!! Whew! Getting there. (We use these Utube videos to help me practice my speech at the UW and also to track my progress with my threapist/insurance providers etc. UTube rocks! :-)






Talking with Dysarthia - Intermittent - #1 

Uploaded on Jan 17, 2009

Me talking while my intermittent dysarthia is fairly bad, from brain damage from prescribed medications Distributed by Tubemogul.





Talking with Dysarthia - Intermittent - #2 

Uploaded on Jan 17, 2009

Dysarthria, what it is, some of the causes from neurological brain damage, central nervous system damage and illnesses Distributed by Tubemogul.






Speech Impairment - Dysarthria 

Published on Mar 23, 2012

My name is James and I'm talking about my speech impairment. Just because I'm not able to do something, doesn't mean I can't do it. I like to improve on things when I can, still improving on my speech.


Standard YouTube License @ SwagMasterJames 




Ataxic Dysarthria 

Published on Aug 28, 2013

SSTattler: This is talking mostly about Ataxic with minor dicussion about Dysarthria.


Standard YouTube License @ Taylor Dowdy 




Dr S. Stanton - Chapter 8 Dysarthria 

Published on Apr 9, 2013

Dysarthria Chapter 8 lecture.


Standard YouTube License @ Drsstanton 




Dr S. Stanton - SLPA Dysarthria 

Published on Apr 4, 2013

SSTattler: Car accident - see Traumatic Brain Injury.


Standard YouTube License @ Drsstanton 




Dysphagia & Dysarthria: 

      The Importance of Patient/Family Education

Published on Dec 13, 2012

SSTattler: This is for ALS people but it is useful for Stroke Survivors with Dysarthria.

Kim Zimmerman - The University of Illinois Medical Center at Chicago (UIC).


Standard YouTube License @ alsfoundation 

No comments:

Post a Comment