Saturday, November 16, 2013

Pseudobulbar Affect

Amy Shissler
My Cerebellar Stroke Recovery
May 27, 2012

After the stroke, I was EXTREMELY emotional and inappropriate.  Saying that I could cry at the drop of a hat is an understatement for what I was like.  I diagnosed myself with psuedobulbar affect.  A doctor never told me this and I was never evaluated for it but I definitely was/am affected.  After a brain injury, this happens to some people.  A brain-injured person can become very emotional, has emotional outbursts in inappropriate situations, and can be just very inappropriate.  I sure was.  I would say weird things, racist things loudly in public.  This is something I would never, ever ever have done normally.  It was so incredibly weird, sometimes stuff would just come out of my mouth.  It was like what was in my mind didn’t match what came out.  And as soon as I would say something inappropriate I knew it was wrong, but I couldn’t help it.   I can still cry really easily, which is bad for me because I’m a really ugly crier.  I’m not inappropriate anymore, I’m very cautious about that.  More stuff to read.

Related articles:


See the original article:
in

No comments:

Post a Comment