Saturday, July 20, 2013

Susan Cain: The Power of Introverts

Published on Mar 2, 2012

http://www.ted.com In a culture where being social and outgoing are prized above all else, it can be difficult, even shameful, to be an introvert. But, as Susan Cain argues in this passionate talk, introverts bring extraordinary talents and abilities to the world, and should be encouraged and celebrated.

Some Comments (of Total = 4,407!)
Brawlers Up Tv i stopped feeling ashamed.. proud introvert! 
razorrahmo Very enlightening and salient points! Thank You Susan! 
Julia M. As a 15 year old introvert, I really relate to this talk. I love spending time with friends and collaborating on projects I'm passionate about, but I also fiercely guard my alone time. I used to try and fight my instincts to spend time working on my own, but now I welcome it. 
LankyAlpaca I don't think that's you being introverted, rather you have a quite a common problem called stage fright, everybody's got it, even the extroverts. 
Rozax #TeamIntrovert! My language classes were wild about group work. This makes sense, right? You need to speak to learn the language. But we spent so much time memorizing and writing stupid grammar lessons (that's a grammarian saying this) and I wanted to continue reading. We were told to speak, but not really how. As often as possible, I wheedled my way into the odd-student-out so I could work alone. As an aside: I hate the word "widower". A baker bakes, a teacher teaches, a widower... 
Cris Ramirez I am an introvert as well. I liked this video, it pointed out that being an introvertperson does not make you any less sociable. Also it doesn't require you to pick a side, rather to understand an individual who prefers solitude over other things. 
KingSNAFU I'm introvert but I enjoy being in a city too do my reflection. I've always like cities because youcan be alone without actually being alone.


Standard YouTube License @ TEDtalksDirector

No comments:

Post a Comment