Saturday, August 31, 2013

Gym

Amy Shissler
My Cerebellar Stroke Recovery
Jan 23, 2013

I just joined a gym.  Hey stroke survivors: insurances will probably pay for all or part of a gym membership.  They might pay for this anyway, even if you didn’t have a stroke, as a preventative thing.  Insurances are finally understanding that getting you healthy BEFORE you get sick is the way to go.  Hell of a lot cheaper that way.  In the gym I joined, the female locker rooms are UPSTAIRS with no elevators.  Grrrrrrr!!  Oh well, that’s good for me, I’ll be challenged to climb a flight of stairs every time I have to pee.  Anyway, the treadmills in this gym have a DECLINE.  So you can walk downhill on a treadmill.  That’s pretty freakin’ cool.  I have never seen that before.  Physical therapists would have a field day with that.

See the original article + 4 Comments:
      Gym
      in My Cerebellar Stroke Recovery

No comments:

Post a Comment