Saturday, June 01, 2013

New Blog Authors in SSTattler - Grace & Jeff

Welcome Grace & Jeff -- See as well About Us.

Author - Grace Carpenter
Grace Carpenter 
My Happy Stroke

  • On February 2, 2010, I had a stroke when I was 45.
  • The origins of my brain hemorrhage are a mystery. 
  • I have two children, who were 4 and 7 at the time, a wonderful husband, and a great nuclear and extended family. 
  • Some say I was a little happier after my stroke. 
  • Having a stroke is no fun, but the parade of family and friends has kept me going.
  • Please read my blog: My Happy Stroke 




Author - Jeff Porter

Jeff Porter
Stroke of Faith
  • My own stroke came on May 8, 1998. A colleague and I, both newspaper reporters, were digging through documents in a semi-hostile government office in Arkansas. I suddenly lost the ability to speak and movement on the right side of my body. My right hand fell limp. I could not stand.
  • Thanks to the doctors and nurses, a drug called tissue plasminogen activator cleared the clot. Thanks to my wife, colleagues, fellow believers, and a speech therapist, I regained my ability to speak and, eventually, write.
  • I live in Columbia, Missouri, United States.
  • Would gladly accept suggestions, questions, comments. E-mail: jeff.porter (at) gmail.com and read my blog site: Stroke Of Faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment