Saturday, November 03, 2012

Eclectic: Diane - Trouble With That Peg Tube

Diane - The Pink House OTC
This will be a long post as Tuesday was a very long day and it all started when Bob's peg tube dislodged and came right out of his stomach.

Of course, this would happen while the night feeding pump was turned on. And of course, Bob didn't even notice it happening, so I  found it in the morning when I went to disconnect the pump and Bob told me that his bed was "wet".

First, I thought he had wet the bed. But when I went to change the  bed pad, I found it wasn't wet so much as crunchy and oh lord, that's means a Jevity spill. So immediately I checked the pump connections which were fine, and that's when I noticed the darn peg tube was no longer in Bob's stomach but lying on the bed. GA!

This was a first for me. This was a bit of a shock. In fact, it was downright horrifying.

And I didn't know what to do. And there was no one to call at 6:30 a.m.

So, I checked Bob's belly hole, but it seemed fine, no blood or anything ...

Read more --->>  of the full article Trouble With That Peg Tube
                                                      in The Pink House On The Corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment