Saturday, November 10, 2012

Eclectic: Diane - Happy Monday!

Diane - The Pink House OTC
This morning, I woke up to the sound of rain on the window. The first thing I thought was, well, I can roll over and catch a little more sleep because I won't be taking the dog on a long walk in this  weather.

The second thing I thought was, oh yeah, the blood draw guy is coming at 8:30 a.m., so I better get going.

The third thing I thought: today is my birthday.

And I wondered if Bob would remember.

When we were dating, Bob told me that he was glad my birthday was the day after Halloween, because that made it easy to remember. He said he'd never forget my birthday.

My 4th Birthday.
My mom made the best cakes!
I don't know why it's so important that Bob remember my birthday. Sometimes I wonder why birthdays are important at all. It is, it seems, just a way to mark the passing of time.

But I suppose a birthday becomes important because birthdays are such a big deal when we are kids. A birthday was like Christmas, but better. Something anticipated year long. Getting older, back then, was great.

Getting older is not so great anymore... and still, I look at the calendar and anticipate a celebration of sorts.

Yesterday was Halloween. In the morning, I said to Bob ....

See the full article Happy Monday! in The Pink House On The Corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment