Saturday, March 28, 2015

Laid-Back Administration: Welcome Tim Seefeldt !!

Dr. Beagle C. Cranium
Stroke Survivors Tattler

Welcome Tim Seefeldt to the Stroke Survivors Tattler


Tim had a stroke five years ago, he is lives in Edmonton,  he is a newspaper reporter, he started a blog, Brain Food Cafe for the Mind, and he is now a Guest Blogger for SSTattler. Here is Tim's biography in About Us and a copy below. Welcome Tim!

Dr. Beagle C. Cranium





SSTattler Blogger - Tim Seefeldt


Tim Seefeldt
Brain Food Cafe for the Mind

  • I am a newspaper reporter by trade, born and raised in Alberta, Canada.
  • My old life ended early on the morning of Monday, March 15, 2010. I woke up that morning -- the first day after a long business road trip – tired and groggy, but otherwise fine.
  • I figured a shower would shake off the cob-webs. But my right side wasn’t cooperating. I couldn’t make my right leg work like it was supposed to, and being half blind wasn’t helping either. Never mind the confusion. 
  • My wife heard me bang and crash my way down-stairs. She looked scared. I remember her saying that she was going to call an ambulance. When I didn’t argue, she looked even more frightened.
  • These were the first moments of my new life. I was only 45 and the sole bread earner for my wife Patricia and my daughters, Kristina and Anna, who were 16 and 13 at the time my brain decided to short circuit.
  • I found out later that I’d had a large left posterior cerebral artery territory infarct. While that, like much else, made no sense to me.
  • It was shocking, I was an ex-newspaper reporter with designs on writing a book one day. Now, in a flash, I couldn’t read or write.
  • Five years later, I still have deficits like not being able to read at even close to normal speed. My brain just can’t recognize words the way it used to.
  • But I’m able to work and live a meaningful life and function as an active father and husband. I learned to manage stress differently - giving myself more work-life balance - to keep my general health in check. Now, when I’m stressed, if I get a head ache or feel pushed, I slow down - take a walk, or whatever I can do to stay calm..
  • Please look at my blog site - Brain Food Cafe for the Mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment