Saturday, September 07, 2013

The Swank Diet

Amy Shissler
MyCerebellarStrokeRecovery
Aug 25, 2013

I met a guy recently who has Multiple Sclerosis.  He was diagnosed about 15 years ago and was bed bound for a while.  He has COMPLETELY controlled his MS through diet.  It’s called the Swank Diet.  Now, there is absolutely no information out there about diet for stroke survivors, except the generic eat a healthy diet BS.  I think I’m gonna try the Swank Diet for a couple of months and see what happens.  If it helps one neurological condition maybe it will help another.  The biggest thing about the Swank Diet is no dairy.  That will be really hard, I consume a crapload of dairy.  No ordering pizza?  Oh man.  And no lattes at Starbucks???????  Well, if it helps me get over this it’s totally, totally worth it.

By the way, I socialized last night.  For the first time since my stroke I went and hung out with a group of people who I mostly didn’t know that knew nothing about me.  This is something that I ABSOLUTELY would not have done a few months ago.  I went to dinner and a comedy show.  If it wasn’t a comedy show I probably would not have gone.  I went to see Kevin Nealon, he was hilarious.  I highly recommend going to see him live.  I’m paying for it today because I woke up with a headache but that’s ok, that was a big step for me.

See the original article + 18 Comments:
      The Swank Diet
      in MyCerebellarStrokeRecovery

No comments:

Post a Comment