Saturday, September 07, 2013

Acknowledge the Nail!

Robin
Rocky Mountain Stroke Survivors
Posted on August 9, 2013




First, watch this video:







Standard YouTube License @ Jason Headley

So my first thought was of all the really caring, understanding people who seem to ignore the “nail” in my head. Sometimes I have conversations like this:

Me: “I don’t think I can get through everything I’m supposed to do
         today/tomorrow/this week/etc.”
Caring Person: “You’re having a really hard time, aren’t you?”
Me: “Uh, yeah, and I really don’t think I can do this.”
Caring Person: “I’m so sorry. It sounds like you feel really overwhelmed.”
Me: “Yeah, actually, it’s not just a feeling. I mean I literally can’t do this.”
Caring Person: “Hmmmm. That must be really awful.”

My first suggestion: Acknowledge the nail!

See the original article + 5 Comments:
      Acknowledge the Nail!
      on Rocky Mountain Stroke Survivor

No comments:

Post a Comment