Saturday, April 02, 2016

Laid-Back Admin:
      Stop publish Stroke Survivors Tattler Apr/09/2016

Dr. Beagle C. Cranium
Stroke Survivors Tattler
Stop publish Stroke Survivors Tattler Apr/09/2016

Today, the last Wikipedia/YouTube, we have:
It is difficult symptoms for M.T.A. because it is very rare.  I've got some YouTube on M.T.A. but it is the bottom on my list for over a year, and simply, I could not find any more. So, I will publish anyway - I hope it is useful to at least some people.

Next week have a simple article and the last article for SSTattler:
  • Apr/09/2016 - Weekly Index from Jan/01/2011 to Apr/2016/02
It is a copied from ▶ Weekly Index & Future and we have indexes for 5 years every week from Jan/01/2011 to Apr/2016/02 except during summer holidays (July & August). 


Why?

In early January 2011, I set my goal for to do something useful at least for +/- 5 years on the web. I got blogspot from Google and my site is stroke-survivors.blogspot.com (and shorten to stroke-survivors.org).

At first it is awful i.e. not useful at all, but in early January the thought the title is "Saturday News" and might be useful indeed!  January 28, 2012, I published Saturday News Broca's Aphasia - Sarah Scott plus Saturday Comics and three stroke articles. Today, SSTattler published every week, usually about 30 articles+/-, except during summer holidays (July & August).

On February 1, 2015, I read Ground Hog Day on My Happy Stroke by Grace Carpenter. In her article, she said "On this anniversary, I'm going to make it official: I'm taking a break from blogging...". Her blogs from February 2, 2010 to February 1, 2015 - exactly 5 years.

Hmm, her statement is very nice because I was a bit tired as well for SSTattler.  So, I set my goal to quit the next year, 2016, enough is enough and my goal to the end SSTattler  June 25th / 2015 - total is 5 years and 6 months.

Usually, I take the flight to Ottawa to see my kids sometime during July / August but this April thru May four events happen (in the near future):
  • My daughter and her boyfriend bought a house in Fort McMurray (it is 5 hours by car north-north-east from Edmonton) and they invite me to see there new digs,
  • My wife is going to PEI (Prince Edward Island) for a conference about stroke... and I'll come with her as well, of course,
  • My son & his wife has the second baby, Evie, 4 months old.  We have to visit in Ottawa to see the new baby!,
  • Minor details but I have minor surgery and will take approx. 2 days +/-.
Holy man, I think there is more 1) typing SSTattler, 2) surgery and 3) simultaneous travel, 1 car & 2 flights across the continent, at least for me. I decided that I will shorten the time to Apr/09/2016 - Weekly Index from Jan/01/2011 to Apr/02/2016/ and that is the end of SSTattler.

Total == 5 years and 3 months. I will keep the site up until the end of December / 2016.

I loved to generated the weekly SSTattler with great Guest Bloggers and lots of articles Headlines with Wikipedia & Video and, maybe, some person will do it for the future...

Tiny History

Lots of stuff not included the Tiny History but, I think, that is enough for now...

Regards,

Dr. Beagle C. Cranium and John C. Anderson

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for getting our words out to those who need to hear them. I appreciate all the work your endeavor took. BTW, I'm at about 6.5 years for barbpolansrecovery, and aiming to keep going until I can use my hand to row again. That'll be Mission: Accomplished. Bye-bye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I realize I am slow to figure this out! But so sad to see this post---- John, you've been a great help and inspiration to me and Bob and so many others! I hope after you take a break and you will do something like this again. Best Regards, Diane (my blog, for what it is, is still going --)

    ReplyDelete