Saturday, February 13, 2016

Spelling Test

Grace Carpenter
My Happy Stroke
Saturday, September 10, 2011

Our little girl starts kindergarten on Monday.

On visiting day last week, she got her first "homework" assignment: draw a picture of her family, and write down--with help, of course--one thing she would like to do in kindergarten.

"Don't stress about it,"  her teacher said to the parents.

In the spring, I was still struggling with spelling things out loud. So I thought we would to do the homework--with Neal--this weekend.

But my girl was already to start homework by Friday afternoon. When I asked her what she wanted to do at kindergarten, she had a ready answer: play with the toy food. She wanted me to spell it, out loud. The whole phrase.

I took a deep breath, and starting spelling. Very slowly.

"Mama, I can hear you saying the alphabet before every letter," she said.

But I did it. We're ready for kindergarten.



See the original article:
in

No comments:

Post a Comment