Saturday, April 28, 2012

Eclectic: Rebecca - Shopping Is Supposed to Be Fun

See the original Blog: Home After a Stroke by Rebecca Dutton

About Me
Eclectic - Rebecca
I am an occupational therapist (OT) who specialized in stroke rehab.  I continued my education by having a stroke in 2004 that paralyzed my dominant right side.  Being an OT helped me deal with gaps in traditional treatment, from bed mobility to getting on an airplane.  Problem solving never ends because I walk with a brace and cane, have impaired balance, regained only partial use of my hemiplegic hand, have slurred speech when I'm tired, and have trouble finding the right words when I'm stressed.

Read the full article About Me.

There is a nice article on April 25th, 2021:

Shopping Is Supposed to Be Fun
Jupiter, Mars, Venus, and Mercury line up every 50 to 100 years.  This rare celestial event will happen before I go digging through my purse one-handed.  Digging through a purse is aggravating even when you have two hands.  Organizing my purse eliminates lots of frustration when I go shopping.  Every woman organizes her purse differently so this is not a how-to post.  The examples are intended to make stroke survivors aware of how much irritation a purse can create.  Shopping is supposed to be fun.
Having a purse that aggravates me is a buzz kill.

My car key has its own compartment.  It's attached to a wrist coil that makes it easy to retrieve quickly.  My house key is attached to a straight flexible coil that snaps onto my purse.  When I pull on this coil my house key slips out of its assigned pocket.  I don't want to be an easy target because I'm digging through my purse looking for a key.  A big compartment in my purse is a bottomless pit.  A small black bag keeps objects I rarely use out of the way. ......

Read the full article Shopping Is Supposed to Be Fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment