Saturday, December 26, 2015

Musing: Walking on Ice

Dean Reinke
Deans' Stroke Musing
Sunday, December 28, 2014

Over Christmas I was at home with my parents and two blocks away is a lake that I've spent a lot of time on fishing, ice skating, swimming. It was frozen at least 4-5 inches and on my walk to get to 10,000 steps for the day I decided to walk a couple hundred yards on the lake with 1/8 inch of fresh snow over the slick ice. With a fair amount of hubris I decide that this would be no problem at all. Forty yards in I crashed on my affected left hip, cap and glasses flying off. Stood up and with little diminished hubris set off walking again. Made it 30 yards before again crashing to the ice the exact same way. Finally learned my lesson and made my way to the shore and walked along the frozen sand. Don't do this, I really push myself and no one should follow my example. Ended up with a stiff neck from preventing my head from slamming into the ice. I guess I won't be trying ice skating anytime soon.



See the original article:
in

No comments:

Post a Comment