Saturday, August 02, 2014

Commute with Your 'Cycle

Tips for your Bike Commute - Pack Clothing etc

Uploaded on Mar 26, 2010

Tips and suggestions for making your ride to work easier. Brought to you by R-TRIP. Visit www.GOrtrip.com for more information!


Standard YouTube License @ go RTRIP





The Commute - How to Cycle a Recumbent Trike to Work

Uploaded on Aug 8, 2009

This is my 1 hour, 13.5 mile commute to work, condensed to 10 minutes. I ride a recumbent trike (TerraTrike) on the streets of Orange County and the Santa Ana River Trail (SART) to get to my office. I wanted to give people an idea of what it is like. It is a lot more fun to commute by trike, plus I get exercise, and it costs me nothing in gasoline. In this video you will note that I ride streets where there is bike lane, where there is no bike lane and how I handle those areas. There is a segment where I ride the wide sidwalk, but only because there is no side lane at all on the right side of that street. using hand signals, and taking lane control when there is need is also demonstrated. Notice when I get off the trail and onto the last street portion near my office, I wait for an 18 wheeler and a few other cars to pass before entering the bike lane. That truck and those cars were driving VERY close to the right almost on the bike lane stripe. But later as I rode that lane and cars approached from behind you can see they do see me and keep good distance from the bike lane. Because the Trike is so unusual, most cars notice and give me more room than I ever got on a conventional bike.

I shot two other videos of my commute in HD here and here.


Standard YouTube License @ dregerclock

No comments:

Post a Comment