Saturday, May 05, 2012

Eclectic: Nina - Party in Library of Congress.

About Nina Mitchell

I am a quirky young woman whose Mind went Pop. I was 26 when a stroke took away my limbs and speech.

This stroke comic book is designed to make you think. Mindpop. Strokes are hell. They have dark comedy too.

I live in Boston, Massachusetts.

As well see Nina's site: http://mindpop.net/
                                      nina|at|mindpop.net

Parties
Sunday, 22 May 2011
Party / Library of Congress


At parties I have become very good at concealing my stroke. It’s not because I want to hide it, but I don’t want to explain it in the middle of a party.  Hiding it is not so hard. For one, everyone is standing around tipsy, not moving much. Also, if I’m talking to you and I lock eyes with yours, Western norms dictate that you will not look down if I don’t. You will not see my hand.



@2012 by Nina Mitchell. The material in this article is protected by copyright and may not be copied or published or otherwise distributed without the Author’s permission. All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment